- 1 [attributive] Situated in the east, or directed toward or facing the east: eastern Long Island the eastern slopes of the mountainMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They would totally obscure the view of the Tower from the eastern aspect.
- In the eastern Mediterranean a wind blows out from Libya and Egypt, known as the Khamsin.
- For different reasons, parts of temperate eastern Asia also experience quite cold winters.
- 2 (usually Eastern) Living in or originating from the east, in particular the regions or countries lying to the east of Europe: an Eastern monkMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It wasn't long before the group discovered a demand for Eastern music in Europe.
- Like most of the others, he wore extravagant clothes made from the finest eastern silks and fabrics.
- The diversity of far eastern cinema today is as impressive as its quality.
- 2.1Of, relating to, or characteristic of the East or its inhabitants: an eastern religionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A clearer insight can be developed from a number of eastern traditions or from a Marxist tradition.
- For research purposes, I'm looking for books on eastern magic practices and culture.
- Tens of thousands of people flocked to Heaton Park at the weekend for a feast of eastern culture.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The dense boreal forests of roadless Isle Royale, located 22 miles off Minnesota's easternmost tip in Lake Superior, put you in prime moose-viewing territory.
- Massachusetts, meanwhile, had five major declared disasters, mostly associated with heavy rains and flooding in its seven easternmost counties.
- Dozens of protesters took turns delivering speeches opposing the partitioning of the country's easternmost province.
Más definiciones de easternDefinición de eastern en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional