Definición de eclampsia en inglés:
A condition in which one or more convulsions occur in a pregnant woman suffering from high blood pressure, often followed by coma and posing a threat to the health of mother and baby. See also preeclampsia.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We determined whether a recorded history of gestational hypertension or pre-eclampsia or eclampsia predicted cardiovascular disease in later life, as indicated by measures of mortality and morbidity.
- Long term survival of mothers was addressed in 1976 by Chesley et al, who found no increased mortality in white women who had eclampsia in their first pregnancy.
- For example, it may be hypothesized that recurrence of eclampsia in pregnant women is more common in those that have family history of hypertension.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- An eclamptic fit indicates serious underlying disease and is usually self limiting and not inherently life threatening, although undesirable.
- Three episodes of eclamptic seizures are expected each year.
- Over 63 000 women die annually after eclamptic convulsions, with 99% of these deaths occurring in low and middle income countries.
Mid 19th century: modern Latin, from French éclampsie, from Greek eklampsis 'sudden development', from eklampein 'shine out'.
Palabras que riman con eclampsiabanksia
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda