Definición de ectomorph en inglés:
A person with a lean and delicate body build. Compare with endomorph and mesomorph.
- If you are now starting a fitness programme, it is a good idea for you to know what is your body type - mesomorph, ectomorph, endomorph, or a cross between two types.
- I was once a guest at a spa where we could avail ourselves of a ‘wellness expert’ who could customise a person's meals based on whether she was, say, a thyroidal mesomorph or an adrenal ectomorph.
- Still, extreme ectomorphs can't eat lean and clean and maximize mass.
1940s: ecto- from ectodermal (being the layer of the embryo giving rise to physical characteristics that predominate) + -morph.
- Example sentences
- If the Air Force wants an ectomorphic / mesomorphic force, so be it, but one day it may be hard to fill our manning boots without all our hard-working endomorphs.
- Negative descriptors such as ‘lonely’ and ‘depressed’ were assigned to the figure possessing the least muscular, or most ectomorphic, chest.
- She was taller than the redhead by an inch or two, being that she had the willowy yet graceful physique like that of a healthy ectomorphic body.
- Example sentences
- Taking into account the levels of tissue components in the men it was calculated that the levels of endomorphy, mesomorphy and ectomorphy in the female contestants amounted to 158%, 68% and 129% respectively.
- Those values in female patients were 159.2 cm, 47.8 kg, and 118.5, respectively, indicating that the male patients showed a higher degree of ectomorphy.
- But it will be difficult for those who have a high degree of ectomorphy to achieve a significant increase in their body weight.
Definición de ectomorph en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan