(British also oedema)
A condition characterized by an excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body. Also called dropsy1.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mild edema of the medullary cavity was present in most of these cases.
- This reverses the gradient, causing a decrease in tissue and organ edema and associated morbidity.
- The bandages substitute for the elasticity lost by tissues engorged with edema.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Allergic forms usually present acutely with erythematous, pruritic, edematous and exudative lesions, while contact dermatitis often has a more insidious onset with lichenification.
- Urticaria is characterized by pruritic, edematous, well-circumscribed, erythematous plaques that are transient over several hours.
- Symptoms of strep throat may include pharyngeal erythema and swelling, tonsillar exudate, edematous uvula, palatine petechiae, and anterior cervical lymphadenopathy.