Definición de egalitarian en inglés:
- This probably reflects a primitive form of egalitarian society.
- That is not the kind of egalitarian base on which Australians would want to see their taxation system working.
- Sure, there were times when Australia was definitely a much more economically egalitarian society.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Labour's long-term supporters, ethical socialists, public service workers, egalitarians and anti-monarchists, trade unionists and pacifists, were harder to deal with.
- This ideologically diverse group is made up of cultural pessimists, environmentalists, traditionalists, egalitarians, and technophobes.
- Given this shared commitment to material equality, do socialists and liberal egalitarians share the same account of justice?
Late 19th century: from French égalitaire, from égal 'equal', from Latin aequalis (see equal).
equal from Late Middle English:
A word that came from Latin aequus, which is also at the root of adequate (early 17th century), equable (mid 17th century), equanimity (early 17th century), equate (Middle English), equity (Middle English), equivalent (Late Middle English) ‘of equal worth’, equator (Late Middle English) the circle where day and night are equal, iniquity (Middle English), and, via French, egalitarian (late 19th century). George Orwell's political satire Animal Farm ( 1945) is the source of the quotation ‘All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.’ Another historic use of equal is from the American Declaration of Independence ( 1776): ‘We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their creator, with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.’ See also first
Palabras que riman con egalitarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
Definición de egalitarian en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.