Definición de elephant seal en inglés:
A large seal that breeds on the west coast of North America and the islands around Antarctica. The male is much larger than the female and has a very thick neck and an inflatable snout.
- Genus Mirounga, family Phocidae: two species
- It's home to the threatened southern elephant seal, the fur seal, two species of albatross and several species of, yes, penguin.
- To a lesser extent harbor seals are eaten, and we suspect on at least one occasion the birds found and fed upon a dead elephant seal.
- The northern elephant seal, Mirounga angustirostris, is known as the deepest continually diving phocid seal.
Definición de elephant seal en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan