- 1Having the right to do or obtain something; satisfying the appropriate conditions: customers who are eligible for discounts [with infinitive]: a foreign student is eligible to attend the schoolMás ejemplos en oraciones
entitled, permitted, allowed, qualified, able
- This is subject to winners being eligible for race competition licences.
- There are two conditions that must be met in order to be eligible for these new measures.
- Four or five cardinals who are eligible for the candidacy of pope could openly campaign.
- 1.1(Of a person) desirable or suitable as a partner in marriage: the world’s most eligible bachelorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We have plenty of eligible bachelors in these parts and quite a few eligible ladies too!
- Prince William managed to stand one of the world's most eligible women up last week when he got tied up foxhunting.
- Last month this magazine presented a list of Scotland's 100 most eligible women and men.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Those seeking to adopt children from overseas have to be issued with a certificate of eligibility.
- Trial reports were reviewed according to predefined eligibility and quality criteria.
- Articles were assessed for eligibility and quality and grouped according to dosage.
late Middle English: via French from late Latin eligibilis, from Latin eligere 'choose, select' (see elect).