Definición de elitism en inglés:
1The advocacy or existence of an elite as a dominating element in a system or society.
- But the elitism and the populism in this claim are less far apart than they might seem.
- The spirit of American democracy is opposed to elitism.
- It is also expected to speed up the reform of a judiciary that is dominated by elitism and conservatism.
1.1The attitude or behavior of a person or group who regard themselves as belonging to an elite: he accused her of racism and white elitism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The elitism often associated with opera seems to have become more pronounced in the last hundred years, with ticket prices being a possible contributory factor.
- If this is the case, then the future for the modern idea of the university and its associated elitism looks bleak.
- It is clear that your hate is founded in your arrogant elitism and your rank racism… I love you liberals… or is it communists?
Definición de elitism en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan