Definición de elutriate en inglés:
verbo[with object] Chemistry
1Separate (lighter and heavier particles in a mixture) by suspension in an upward flow of liquid or gas.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the laboratory, the material from each core retained on the 250 - [micro] m mesh was elutriated in supersaturated sucrose solution to remove juvenile macrofauna and sediments were sorted to remove larger macrofauna.
- A scavenging, or sorting, model involves fluidization of poorly sorted Mawson Formation lapilli-tuffs, perhaps with a contribution from volcaniclastic rafts, with the fine particles elutriated then injected to form clastic dykes.
- Alternatively, the coarser grain-sized intrusions seen at outcrop may be testimony to high flow velocities during fluidization and injection, with any finer-grained sand or silt having been elutriated from the system.
mid 18th century: from Latin elutriat- 'washed out', from the verb elutriare, from e- (variant of ex-) 'out' + lutriare 'to wash'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- G1 daughter cells obtained by centrifugal elutriation were released into fresh medium and monitored every 30 min thereafter for the presence of Trf4p on chromosome spreads, for nuclear morphology, and for spindle morphology.
- Approximately 2 x 10 exponentially growing HeLa-S3 cells were synchronized by size using centrifugal elutriation in a J6 MI centrifuge and at least 15 size-separated fractions were collected.
- In this volcanic setting elutriation was driven by magmatic heat, but the production of relatively finer-grained clastic dykes by elutriation of material from coarser ill-sorted sources may be significant in many settings.
Definición de elutriate en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia