- Relating to or denoting an approach to the study or description of a particular language or culture in terms of its internal elements and their functioning rather than in terms of any existing external scheme. Often contrasted with etic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ethnographers commonly make a distinction between the etic and emic dimensions of the study of cultural practices, which reflects the difference between the structural and reflective dimensions of meaning.
- Related to the problems of anachronism and ethnocentrism is the distinction between emic and etic terms.
- In ethnographic studies, the orientation of the researcher is termed etic or emic.
sustantivo(emics) [treated as singular] Volver al principio
- Study adopting this approach.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If the different perspectives characterized as emics or etics are ignored or conflated, the theoretical aims and empirical data of the study will be rendered worthless.
Más definiciones de emicDefinición de emic en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional