Definición de emulsion en inglés:
- Liquid polymer emulsions are used for dust control and soil and slope stabilization.
- An oil-in-water emulsion is created by dispersing oil droplets in an aqueous phase.
- This allows the fluorescent microspheres to behave like the aqueous droplets in the emulsion.
- The tantalising luncheon menu featured a starter of lemon infused monkfish brochette with a bell pepper emulsion followed by a consomme of chicken raviolis.
- Once the egg emulsion is at the proper temperature, add hot milk to egg mixture, 1/8 of a cup at a time.
- Such was the case with a recent special in which morel caps were stuffed with chicken mousse and served in an emulsion of foie gras and truffle juice.
- We also went to the DIY store for garden stuff and for a big bucket of white emulsion paint to brighten up the walls in Graham's workshop.
- Paint the tip with matt white emulsion paint and allow to dry.
- The number had been daubed on the wall in off-white emulsion paint next to the boarded up front door.
- The silver halide crystals in a photographic emulsion are not perfect.
- To make today's platinum prints, a photographer mixes the emulsion from platinum, gelatin and other ingredients, then hand coats a piece of fine art paper with the mixture.
- He describes it as a universal developer for modern film emulsions used under diverse conditions, easy to use, and designed to achieve maximum image stain and minimum general stain.
early 17th century (denoting a milky liquid made by crushing almonds in water): from modern Latin emulsio(n-), from the verb emulgere 'milk out', from e- (variant of ex-) 'out' + mulgere 'to milk'.
Nowadays we tend to think of it mainly as a household paint for walls and ceilings, whose name comes from the scientific sense of ‘a fine dispersion of minute droplets of one liquid in another’, but emulsion was originally a milky liquid made by crushing almonds in water. Its root is the Latin word mulgere ‘to milk’.
Definición de emulsion en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.