- 1By the way; incidentally: the group’s disbandment was announced, almost en passant, by the president
- 1.1 Chess By the en passant rule.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Only pawns can be captured en passant.
- If White plays another move he cannot then decide to capture en passant!
en passant rule (or law)
- Chess The rule that a pawn making a first move of two squares instead of one may nevertheless be immediately captured by an opposing pawn on the fifth rank.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although you may play a hundred games, and never have to use the En Passant rule, you should know it if your opponent uses it.
- This en passant rule must happen on the current move of the game.
early 17th century: French, literally 'in passing'.