Definición de en passant en inglés:
1By the way; incidentally: the group’s disbandment was announced, almost en passant, by the president
1.1 Chess By the en passant rule.
- Only pawns can be captured en passant.
- If White plays another move he cannot then decide to capture en passant!
early 17th century: French, literally 'in passing'.
en passant rule (or law)
- Chess The rule that a pawn making a first move of two squares instead of one may nevertheless be immediately captured by an opposing pawn on the fifth rank.Example sentences
- Although you may play a hundred games, and never have to use the En Passant rule, you should know it if your opponent uses it.
- This en passant rule must happen on the current move of the game.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan