(also chiefly British encyclopaedic)
- 1Comprehensive in terms of information: he has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of foodMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He had a real passion for his beloved native city and a completely encyclopaedic knowledge of its highways, byways and history.
- But unfortunately much of that information, that encyclopaedic knowledge of their environment is being lost.
- Hosts are sweet and helpful; every single server I encountered had an encyclopedic knowledge about the food at hand.
- 1.1Relating to or containing names of famous people and places and information about words that is not simply linguistic: a dictionary with encyclopedic materialMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There is, inevitably, an interpretation in these encyclopedic materials, but it is not offered in a way that prevents readers from using the data to argue for alternative readings.
- The programmer will need to enter, laboriously, for each word in the system's lexicon, the different senses and the associated encyclopaedic knowledge.
- Like the intellectual adventurers of the enlightenment, they foresee that an encyclopedic compendium of the facts of nature will reveal hidden truths.