Definición de endemic en inglés:
- Parasitic infections are endemic among this population.
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever is endemic in North, Central, and South America.
- Poverty is endemic in the South and it is spreading to the North.
- The shaded area indicates the endemic zone of Argentine hemorrhagic fever
- Examples calling for immunization include travel to endemic areas or intravenous drug use during pregnancy.
- Leishmaniasis should be considered in any person from an endemic area who has chronic localized skin lesions.
- About 221 plant species are endemic to this peninsular state.
- Most of the Chinese Impatiens species are endemic to the country or are restricted to a number of provinces.
- However, many other species are endemic to the North and many more seasonal migrants depend on northern environments for a significant part of their life history.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Most species of Metagentiana are herbaceous local endemics growing in alpine scrub, meadows and coniferous forests.
- The plant communities of southern Appalachian wetlands include endemics that exist in the unique microhabitats of the region.
- Thus, low temperatures have led to selection for a high proportion of local endemics and species endemic to mountain peaks.
On the difference between endemic, epidemic, and pandemic, see epidemic (usage).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We're saying this money saved is to be spent on health and education when we know it's going to countries that are institutionally and endemically corrupt.
- Ever since my first encounter with French literature in my teens I have always thought French culture was endemically corrupt and devoid of any morality.
- Crucially, it provides an account of why humans are so endemically prone to addictive behaviour.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Among healthy persons living in a region of low endemicity, the false-positive rate with serology is about 2 to 5 percent.
- Areas with high endemicity include the Mediterranean basin, the Middle East, Central Asia, Chile, and Argentina.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises that Americans traveling to certain areas of high endemicity be vaccinated with hepatitis A vaccine.
Mid 17th century (as a noun): from French endémique or modern Latin endemicus, from Greek endēmios 'native' (based on dēmos 'people').
Palabras que riman con endemicacademic, alchemic, epidemic, pandemic, polemic, totemic
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.