- Denoting or relating to a system of ordering data in a computer’s memory whereby the most significant ( big-endian) or least significant ( little-endian) byte is put first.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the bigendian systems, those bytes happened to be zeros (making the system appear to work properly), while on the little-endian systems, they were nonzero, causing the string to appear to be corrupted.
- Out of the many advantages to this format, one is quite relevant to Linux users: it is fully binary-compatible across big-endian and little-endian computers.
- Remember, on a little-endian machine, the first byte is the least significant one.
1980s: a reference to Swift's Gulliver's Travels, in which the Lilliputians were divided into two camps, those who ate their eggs by opening the 'big' end and those who ate them by opening the 'little' end.
Más definiciones de endianDefinición de endian en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional