Definición de enfilade en inglés:
- The following year, after Waterloo, work began on the improvements planned by Samuel Ware, who renovated and amended the great enfilade of Palladian reception rooms.
- Nineteen exhibition spaces are arranged as an enfilade of rooms that define an L-shaped route through the building, with its Italian marble columns and high ceilings.
- There is a wonderful flow of space and light, with enfilades leading the eye through double doors and wafting curtains to the azure sea.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Knox gave the order, and the cannons blasted their deadly shot, enfilading the Germans and ripping apart the patrols.
- We demolished an enemy gun protected by a casemate which was enfilading our trenches.
- Immediately upon taking up the position, the battery opened upon the enemy, who was engaging the First Division, completely enfilading the enemy's lines with marked effect.
early 18th century (denoting the position of a military post commanding the length of a line): from French, from enfiler 'thread on a string, pierce from end to end', from en- 'in, on' + fil 'thread'.
Words that rhyme with enfiladeabrade, afraid, aid, aide, ambuscade, arcade, balustrade, barricade, Belgrade, blade, blockade, braid, brigade, brocade, cannonade, carronade, cascade, cavalcade, cockade, colonnade, crusade, dissuade, downgrade, esplanade, evade, fade, fusillade, glade, grade, grenade, grillade, handmade, harlequinade, homemade, invade, jade, lade, laid, lemonade, limeade, made, maid, man-made, marinade, masquerade, newlaid, orangeade, paid, palisade, parade, pasquinade, persuade, pervade, raid, serenade, shade, Sinéad, spade, staid, stockade, stock-in-trade, suede, tailor-made, they'd, tirade, trade, Ubaid, underpaid, undismayed, unplayed, unsprayed, unswayed, upbraid, upgrade, wade
Definición de enfilade en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.