1Give (someone) a noble rank or title.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When he was ennobled in 1964, someone remarked he should take the title Lord Corridor of Power.
- Mountbatten's title was therefore a courtesy one until he was ennobled in 1946 as Viscount Mountbatten of Burma.
- Installed at Versailles in 1745, she was ennobled as Marquise de Pompadour, and for 20 years swayed state policy, appointing her own favourites.
1.1Lend greater dignity or nobility of character to: the theater is a moral instrument to ennoble the mind
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In its subject matter as well as its method, physics ennobles the mind by directing it to the permanent order of the world.
- For some this preventive action has an equivalent moral authority to the great campaigns for civic reform which ennobled the twentieth century throughout the world.
- Also, speaking from personal experience, following the teachings and example of Jesus Christ has had an ennobling effect on my character.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Whatever the motivations of those who supported his ennoblement, however, there was no disguising the pettiness of those who opposed it.
- Besides her ennoblement as a Dame in 1993, her awards included the TS Eliot Prize and the British Literature Prize.
- Not for the benefit of others, but for the ennoblement of yourself.
Late 15th century (formerly also as innoble): from French ennoblir, from en- (expressing a change of state) + noble 'noble'.
Palabras que riman con ennoblecoble, Froebel, global, Grenoble, ignoble, noble
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda