- When he was ennobled in 1964, someone remarked he should take the title Lord Corridor of Power.
- Mountbatten's title was therefore a courtesy one until he was ennobled in 1946 as Viscount Mountbatten of Burma.
- Installed at Versailles in 1745, she was ennobled as Marquise de Pompadour, and for 20 years swayed state policy, appointing her own favourites.
- In its subject matter as well as its method, physics ennobles the mind by directing it to the permanent order of the world.
- For some this preventive action has an equivalent moral authority to the great campaigns for civic reform which ennobled the twentieth century throughout the world.
- Also, speaking from personal experience, following the teachings and example of Jesus Christ has had an ennobling effect on my character.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Whatever the motivations of those who supported his ennoblement, however, there was no disguising the pettiness of those who opposed it.
- Besides her ennoblement as a Dame in 1993, her awards included the TS Eliot Prize and the British Literature Prize.
- Not for the benefit of others, but for the ennoblement of yourself.
Late 15th century (formerly also as innoble): from French ennoblir, from en- (expressing a change of state) + noble 'noble'.
Palabras que riman con ennoblecoble, Froebel, global, Grenoble, ignoble, noble
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: en·no·ble
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.