Definición de enterococcus en inglés:
sustantivo (plural enterococci /-ˌkäk(s)ī, -ˌkäk(s)ē/)
A streptococcus of a group that occurs naturally in the intestine but causes inflammation and blood infection if introduced elsewhere in the body (e.g., by injury or surgery).
- Streptococci and enterococci are the most frequent pathogens causing infective endocarditis.
- It has been approved for certain gram-positive infections including certain drug-resistant enterococcus, staphylococcus, and pneumococcus strains.
- Based on the first reports of resistant strains of streptococci and enterococci, we predicted that these bacteria would also become significant medical problems in future.
- Example sentences
- More than 10% of large hospital medication budgets are spent to treat staphylococcal and enterococcal infections.
- The choice of antibiotics to prevent endocarditis in at risk patients depends on the streptococcal and enterococcal species present on the portal of entry of the bacteria.
- This project also revealed a 120% increase in enterococcal infections and a 176% increase in S. aureus infections.
Definición de enterococcus en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan