Definición de enuresis en inglés:
Involuntary urination, especially by children at night.
- Bedwetting, called enuresis, is the involuntary discharge of urine during sleep.
- For some young children bladder control is more difficult to achieve at night - enuresis, commonly known as bed-wetting, has been discussed by physicians since the days of Galen and Hippocrates.
- Other surveys have found that children with nocturnal enuresis are more subject to ‘confused awakenings,’ such as night terrors or sleepwalking, than children who do not wet the bed.
- Example sentences
- Hence, 8 percent of 12-year-old boys and 4 percent of 12-year-old girls are enuretic; only 1 to 3 percent of adolescents are still wetting their bed.
- Both the screening instruments did not pick up enuresis as a disorder, though on clinical assessment 5 of 76 screen negative children were diagnosed to be enuretic.
- Achieving continence is also maturational, and children who lag developmentally at one and three years of age are more likely to be enuretic at age six.
Pronunciación: /-ˈretik/adjetivo& sustantivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan