Involuntary urination, especially by children at night.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Bedwetting, called enuresis, is the involuntary discharge of urine during sleep.
- For some young children bladder control is more difficult to achieve at night - enuresis, commonly known as bed-wetting, has been discussed by physicians since the days of Galen and Hippocrates.
- Other surveys have found that children with nocturnal enuresis are more subject to ‘confused awakenings,’ such as night terrors or sleepwalking, than children who do not wet the bed.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Hence, 8 percent of 12-year-old boys and 4 percent of 12-year-old girls are enuretic; only 1 to 3 percent of adolescents are still wetting their bed.
- Both the screening instruments did not pick up enuresis as a disorder, though on clinical assessment 5 of 76 screen negative children were diagnosed to be enuretic.
- Achieving continence is also maturational, and children who lag developmentally at one and three years of age are more likely to be enuretic at age six.
Early 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek enourein 'urinate in', from en- 'in' + ouron 'urine'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: en·u·re·sis
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda