Definición de envenomate en inglés:
verbo[with object] Zoology & Medicine
(Of a snake, scorpion, spider, or insect) poison by biting or stinging.
- Viperid snakes strike, envenomate, and release mammalian prey to prevent being harmed by the prey; snakes must then track prey in the process of strike-induced chemosensory searching.
- ‘It's one of those snakes that, if it bites and envenomates you, you can certainly die,’ he said.
- The second contact left me sick for 2 weeks, envenomated.
- Example sentences
- Local symptoms of nematocyst envenomation from jellyfish stings include burning pain, erythema, edema, urticaria, and bullae formation, all of which can progress to skin necrosis.
- Immediately life-threatening conditions such as hypotension or shock occur in only about 7 percent of envenomations.
- For any eastern coral snake bite with possible envenomation, three to five vials of Antivenin should be administered immediately.
Definición de envenomate en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan