Definición de epicuticle en inglés:
sustantivoBotany & Zoology
The thin, waxy, protective outer layer covering the surfaces of some plants, fungi, insects, and other arthropods.
- The thin, soft upper layer of epicuticle is also absent from the surface of C. punctata, possibly due to abrasion or exfoliation, but present on the lower surface of each fungiform structure.
- The waxy epicuticle protects against desiccation.
- All possess an extremely thin epicuticle and a thick, massive outer exocuticle.
- Example sentences
- Striations of thick epicuticular wax are present on both adaxial and abaxial epidermal cells.
- There are many other documented changes in shoot morphology which take place in the droughted plant (e.g. changed stomatal differentiation, synthesis of epicuticular waxes, formation of thorns, hairs etc).
- For instance, compared with those of seedlings or acclimated plantlets, leaves of in vitro-regenerated plantlets have little epicuticular wax and stoma functioning is often altered.
Definición de epicuticle en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan