Definición de epiphyte en inglés:
A plant that grows on another plant but is not parasitic, such as the numerous ferns, bromeliads, air plants, and orchids growing on tree trunks in tropical rain forests.
- Many tropical orchids are epiphytes, growing on the side of trees, and will not do well if their roots stay wet.
- Flowering epiphytes - bromeliads, orchids and cacti - are presented most commonly.
- A cool, bright spot out of direct sun is best for these tropical epiphytes that grow naturally in rain-forest trees.
- Example sentences
- The evolution of pollination strategies in epiphytic flowering plants have been strongly influenced by their habitat and spatial distribution.
- The lowest water permeabilities were observed with evergreen leaves from epiphytic or climbing plants naturally growing in a tropical climate.
- Microstylis and its relatives, although often growing on the ground, have pseudobulbs (probably indicating epiphytic origins) and thus are really semi-terrestrial.
Definición de epiphyte en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan