Definición de equinox en inglés:
1The time or date (twice each year) at which the sun crosses the celestial equator, when day and night are of equal length (about September 22 and March 20).
- These nine nights occur on equinoxes or equal nights when the sun is vertically overhead at the equator or centre.
- The lengths of the hours were equal around the equinoxes but the rest of the time they could vary considerably.
- ‘An equinox is when night and day are equal,’ he said.
1.1 another term for equinoctial point.
- A tropical year is the time it takes the sun to pass from one equinox, or tropic, to the same tropic or equinox again.
- The position of the stars should not be related to the point of the equinox, that is to the position of the point which changes position in the course of time, but the position of the point of the equinox should be related to the sphere of stars.
Definición de equinox en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia