- 1A mistake: spelling errors an error of judgmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A minute mistake, an error of judgement, is all that it takes for a ghastly mishap to occur, resulting in death or worse, a life-long disability.
- In a way, Nolan makes a similar error of judgement, mistaking atmospheric darkness for thematic darkness.
- That happens a lot on the web, and sometimes it can be used to cover awful mistakes or errors of judgment.
- 1.1The state or condition of being wrong in conduct or judgment: the money had been paid in error the crash was caused by human errorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Now, as a consequent of inadvertent human error, conditions are contrary to preferred expectations.
- The common threads running through most nuclear accidents are unexpected technical conditions and human error.
- Lastly, don't discount the possibility of human error when conducting the audit.
- 1.2 Baseball A misplay by a fielder that allows a batter to reach base or a runner to advance.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Taft Wright reached on an error by our center fielder Roy Weatherly, and I loaded the bases with two walks.
- How often does Ichiro Suzuki reach base on an error as opposed to the average batter?
- But a Cardinals batter reached on an error, and Curt Flood followed with a two-run home run to end the bid.
- 1.3 • technical A measure of the estimated difference between the observed or calculated value of a quantity and its true value.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is a statistically significant difference in the estimating error between estimating at WBS level one and level two.
- The within group variance component estimates measurement error, as percentage of the total variance.
- We compared the Ka and Ks values computed from the three methods with their corresponding expected values and calculated their error percentages.
- 1.4 Law A mistake of fact or of law in a court’s opinion, judgment or order.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The fact that the error in the order was not adverted to by the learned Lord Justices in the Court of Appeal does not help; it was not a matter of relevance to their decision.
- Is it asserted that there was jurisdictional error in making the orders of 9 March or some other basis of that?
- This idea of perception of error of fact reopens the matters in the High Court?
see the error of one's ways
- Realize or acknowledge one’s wrongdoing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To conclude my digression, let me tell that my pal quickly saw the error of his ways and got a decent job in a newspaper soon after.
- However, to then book Neill for diving was outrageous and we can only hope the Sheffield official sees the error of his ways before the second leg.
- But the recent pictures added to that, and there is a growing movement of people who are seeing the error of their ways.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Robb's performance was matched by his team's errorless game in the field.
- He had 25 hits in his first 67 at-bats and was errorless in 15 starts (14 at second base, one at shortstop).
- Why do people prefer the reproduction of other people's errors to my own errorless prose?
Middle English: via Old French from Latin error, from errare 'to stray, err'.