Definición de error en inglés:
1A mistake: spelling errors an error of judgment
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A minute mistake, an error of judgement, is all that it takes for a ghastly mishap to occur, resulting in death or worse, a life-long disability.
- In a way, Nolan makes a similar error of judgement, mistaking atmospheric darkness for thematic darkness.
- That happens a lot on the web, and sometimes it can be used to cover awful mistakes or errors of judgment.
1.1The state or condition of being wrong in conduct or judgment: the money had been paid in error the crash was caused by human error
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Now, as a consequent of inadvertent human error, conditions are contrary to preferred expectations.
- The common threads running through most nuclear accidents are unexpected technical conditions and human error.
- Lastly, don't discount the possibility of human error when conducting the audit.
1.2 Baseball A misplay by a fielder that allows a batter to reach base or a runner to advance.
- Taft Wright reached on an error by our center fielder Roy Weatherly, and I loaded the bases with two walks.
- How often does Ichiro Suzuki reach base on an error as opposed to the average batter?
- But a Cardinals batter reached on an error, and Curt Flood followed with a two-run home run to end the bid.
1.3 technical A measure of the estimated difference between the observed or calculated value of a quantity and its true value.
- There is a statistically significant difference in the estimating error between estimating at WBS level one and level two.
- The within group variance component estimates measurement error, as percentage of the total variance.
- We compared the Ka and Ks values computed from the three methods with their corresponding expected values and calculated their error percentages.
1.4 Law A mistake of fact or of law in a court’s opinion, judgment or order.
- The fact that the error in the order was not adverted to by the learned Lord Justices in the Court of Appeal does not help; it was not a matter of relevance to their decision.
- Is it asserted that there was jurisdictional error in making the orders of 9 March or some other basis of that?
- This idea of perception of error of fact reopens the matters in the High Court?
see the error of one's ways
- Realize or acknowledge one’s wrongdoing.Example sentences
- To conclude my digression, let me tell that my pal quickly saw the error of his ways and got a decent job in a newspaper soon after.
- However, to then book Neill for diving was outrageous and we can only hope the Sheffield official sees the error of his ways before the second leg.
- But the recent pictures added to that, and there is a growing movement of people who are seeing the error of their ways.
- Example sentences
- Robb's performance was matched by his team's errorless game in the field.
- He had 25 hits in his first 67 at-bats and was errorless in 15 starts (14 at second base, one at shortstop).
- Why do people prefer the reproduction of other people's errors to my own errorless prose?
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan