- A long, steep slope, especially one at the edge of a plateau or separating areas of land at different heights.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Perhaps the most striking feature is the steep escarpment that characterizes the northwest-facing edge of the Cotswold Hills.
- Whereas tectonic activity may supply the thickened crust and the high surface altitudes, most of the Earth's dramatic scenery, from sea cliffs to continental escarpments to deep mountain valleys, is cut by erosional processes.
- The area sits in the western Rift Valley adjacent to the escarpment of the Fipa plateau.
early 19th century: from French escarpement, escarpe 'scarp', from Italian scarpa 'slope'. Compare with scarp.
Más definiciones de escarpmentDefinición de escarpment en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional