Definición de essence en inglés:
- Her portrayal of the sexy evangelist Reno Sweeney was outstanding, catching the very essence of this character.
- Usually the design process involves taking messy reality and isolating its abstract essence.
- The chief aim of this inquiry has been to shed light on the nature and essence of the disagreement between the two.
- Do essences (or properties in general) exist in the physical world?
- Whereas the immediate explanation of the actuality of Aristotle's substances lay in what they were essentially, that was not the case with Avicenna's essences, for their status was that of the merely possible.
- That is, items in all the categories are definable, so items in all the categories have essences - just as there is an essence of man, there is also an essence of white and an essence of musical.
- Whip the evaporated milk until frothy and then add the jelly, cheese, vanilla essence and lemon juice.
- The addition of two drops of vanilla essence in the glasses masked the flavour of both the beverages.
- Cream butter and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Basically and without regard for peripheral details; fundamentally: in detail the class system is complex but in essence it is simpleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Football, in essence, is competitive and it is important for the health of the game that it remains so.
- Because in essence, power is getting other people to accept your interpretation of things.
- They say that the mind works, in essence, like an enormously complicated algorithm.
of the essence
Essence comes via Old French from Latin essentia, from esse ‘to be’. An early meaning was ‘being, existence’. In alchemy it was used in the phrase fifth essence or quintessence. Alchemists believed this substance to be latent in all bodies and thus to be extractable by distillation: this probably led to essence's use for ‘an extract obtained from a plant with therapeutic qualities’, reinforced by the sense ‘indispensable quality or constituent’.
Palabras que riman con essenceacquiescence, adolescence, arborescence, coalescence, convalescence, deliquescence, effervescence, evanescence, excrescence, florescence, fluorescence, incandescence, iridescence, juvenescence, luminescence, obsolescence, opalescence, phosphorescence, pubescence, putrescence, quiescence, quintessence
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.