Definición de estimate en inglés:
- But which valuation methods are most suitable for estimating these external costs?
- For that reason, estimating the net asset value can be a dangerous business.
- The average mean dose of irradiation was six times the quantity estimated by the doctor.
- Current market estimates place values of more than €500 million on the airline.
- Though such estimates may be of value for research or policy purposes, using them to scare the public cannot be considered legitimate.
- Official estimates put the value of the conference to the Manchester economy at more than £2m.
- The cost of simply getting a quote or estimate for its repair will likely amount to a fair percentage of the replacement cost.
- They were told to get an estimate of the likely cost of ramps and bring it before parish councillors again.
- He said the company carries out measurements for homes and provides estimates free of charge.
- His real kindness was shown by genial estimates of character and liberal appreciation of the labours of others engaged in kindred studies.
- It's how you make any sort of estimate of the character of a public figure.
- They can only make fair estimates of their physical characteristics or their personality traits.
late Middle English: from Latin aestimat- 'determined, appraised', from the verb aestimare. The noun originally meant 'intellectual ability, comprehension' (only in late Middle English), later 'valuing, a valuation' (compare with estimation). The verb originally meant 'to think well or badly of someone or something' (late 15th century), later 'regard as being, consider to be' (compare with esteem).
This is from Latin aestimare ‘determine, appraise’, also the source of Middle English esteem for how people value or regard you.
- Example sentences
- In October 1965, the Joint Intelligence Committee (the United Kingdom's highest estimative body) advised the political leadership that even a full trade embargo would ‘not in itself have crippling effects on the Rhodesian economy.’
- Intelligence analysts, though, use estimative processes to create some analyses, thus ‘artificially creating the future through the selection of starting assumptions and scenario creation’.
- Our failure to detect a traveling wave in this ratio could not be attributed to the low power of the test, as the estimative power was high.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.