Definición de etic en inglés:
Relating to or denoting an approach to the study or description of a particular language or culture that is general, nonstructural, and objective in its perspective. Often contrasted with emic.
- In ethnographic studies, the orientation of the researcher is termed etic or emic.
- Related to the problems of anachronism and ethnocentrism is the distinction between emic and etic terms.
- Drawing on data from biological anthropology, historical linguistics, and archaeology, he attempts an etic examination of the processes of formation of ethnic groups in the Japanese islands between 400 BC and the medieval era.
plural sustantivo(etics) [treated as singular] Volver al principio
Study adopting this approach.
- Social researchers who believe they substitute synonymous concepts for emics and etics in fact settle for less precision by distinguishing between subjective and objective perspectives.
- If the different perspectives characterized as emics or etics are ignored or conflated, the theoretical aims and empirical data of the study will be rendered worthless.
1950s: abstracted from phonetic.
Definición de etic en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia