- 1(Of a plant) pale and drawn out due to a lack of light: etiolated mung bean seedlingsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These plants continued to grow without light and developed new etiolated leaves.
- Exposure of etiolated cereal leaves to red light results in unrolling.
- Small amounts of such products have been observed by other groups in protein samples from etiolated barley and wheat seedlings.
- 1.1Having lost vigor or substance; feeble: a tone of etiolated nostalgiaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He felt etiolated and unkempt.
- Apart from an elongated waist which gave him the look of the etiolated shadow of a much taller man, he was not altogether bad looking.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Because of etiolation and necrosis, control seedlings were harvested after 90 days, the root systems washed with distilled water and plants dried at 60°C to constant weight.
- Robustness, based on above-ground biomass/seedling height, was used as an indicator of the sturdiness of seedlings and may be regarded as the inverse of etiolation.
- In an attempt to solve these questions, one fruitful approach has been the analysis of in situ absorbance and fluorescence spectra during etiolation.
late 18th century: from the verb etiolate (from French étioler, from Norman French étieuler 'grow into haulm') + -ed2.
Más definiciones de etiolatedDefinición de etiolated en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional