A political system advocated by some communist parties in western European countries, stressing independence from the former Soviet Communist Party and preservation of many elements of Western liberal democracy.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- But that whole concept of Eurocommunism or African communism is against the basic thrust of history.
- In Latin Europe, the communist parties weakened as the era of Eurocommunism waned.
- At the time it also developed a party line that came to resemble Eurocommunism, ostensibly independent of both the USSR and China.
Eurocommunist adjetivo& sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The final 20 years exemplify this dual ideology - moving to the right of the Labour Party (and heralding ‘New’ Labour) in its Eurocommunist identity, while posing as the socialist conscience of CND and AAM.
- Gramsci's ideas influenced the Eurocommunist movement in Western Europe after World War II.
- At first, his ‘Eurocommunist’ course - signalled by a sharper demarcation from Moscow and rapprochement with social democracy - was enthusiastically supported by the United Secretariat.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: Eu·ro·com·mu·nism
Definición de Eurocommunism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda