verbo[with object] (often as adjective Europeanized)
1Give (someone or something) a European character or scope: a highly Europeanized city
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But his drawings keep reminding us that a real people made their art, lived their lives, and worshiped their gods on this continent long before any Europeanized poets turned their attention to them.
- To him, the tradition meant mainly Europeanized gentility - totally inadequate to express the U.S. - although of course no one starts completely from scratch.
- We've reached the point where it's difficult to go home because we're so Europeanized.
1.1Transfer to the control or responsibility of the European Union.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Union's policy process could be viewed as an amalgam of national policy processes, which in turn has Europeanized policy-making at the national level.
- Still, it is hardly surprising that we have not witnessed a straightforward Communitarization of policy areas, such as the CFSP, justice and home affairs, or employment policy, which have effectively been Europeanized instead.
- The alliance should be Europeanized, he argues, and could include Russia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The endless efforts of Turkey to become a part of Europe started from the 19th century, and a new Republic of Turkey accelerated its effort for Europeanization in the early 20th century.
- Their ultimate goal, besides the annihilation of the Euro, is to end the never-ending Europeanization which totally undermines their good old values.
- You may say this is just the superficial, brand-and-chain Americanisation and Europeanisation that we now encounter everywhere in the developed world; what has been called the Euro-American shopping mall.
Pronunciación: /ˌyərəˈpēənəˈzāSHən/ Pronunciación: /ˌyo͞orəˈpēənəˈzāSHən/ Pronunciación: /ˌyərəˈpēəˌnīˈzāSHən/ Pronunciación: /ˌyo͞orəˈpēəˌnīˈzāSHən/sustantivo
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: Eu·ro·pe·an·ize
Definición de Europeanize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda