1The action of evacuating a person or a place: there were waves of evacuation during the blitz a full-scale evacuation of the city center
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The dismounting vehicles provide casualty evacuation and direct fire support.
- Once clear of the runway, we executed our procedures for ground evacuation.
- During the Korean war, US forces employed them for liaison, supply, casualty evacuation, and troop transportation.
2The action of emptying the bowels or another bodily organ.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- She also experienced a feeling of incomplete evacuation after passing a bowel movement, flatulence and bloating.
- For most of the 20th century spontaneous miscarriage was managed by evacuation of retained products of conception.
- Other associated symptoms include bloating, distension, mucus in the stool, urgency, and a feeling of incomplete evacuation.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: e·vac·u·a·tion
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda