1Soon passing out of sight, memory, or existence; quickly fading or disappearing: a shimmering evanescent bubble
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was evanescent, fading just as quickly as it had appeared, and translucent to begin with.
- This parallel love story clearly relays the obvious frustration that Noah felt due to his wife's evanescent memory and his tender love for her.
- Next to these markers, family and lived events can seem evanescent, fugitive, and unreal, because memories of them are neither ubiquitous nor collectively shared.
vanishing, fading, evaporating, melting away, disappearing;
ephemeral, fleeting, short-lived, short-term, transitory, transient, fugitive, temporary
1.1 Physics Denoting a field or wave that extends into a region where it cannot propagate and whose amplitude therefore decreases with distance.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Close to the sphere surface, the oligonucleotide interacts with the evanescent field of the WGM, which extends about a wavelength into the buffer solution.
- First, the evanescent field decays exponentially at the sensor surface.
- We performed laser induced fluorescence imaging by exciting the immobilized MBs with an evanescent wave field produced at the silica-water interface.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The home we knew has disappeared, and its evanescence only heightens our desire for it.
- Just as dreams do, memory makes me profoundly aware of the unreality, the evanescence of the world, a fleeting image in the moving water.
- Our insistence on evanescence, consciousness and diaphanous impressionism distorts the book that forms in our minds, like the slight misimpression on the pottery wheel that tilts the eventual cup.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The evanescently excited fluorescence intensity was measured for a series of samples with increasing IgG concentration in solution adjacent to supported phospholipid bilayers containing Fc [gamma] RII.
- Experiments were performed in a liquid sample cell containing two silica spheres immersed in a buffer solution and evanescently coupled to the same single-mode, near-infrared optical fiber.
- There was pathos in the evocatively dovetailed dialogues with the strings; left-hand chords emerged inconspicuously from tuttis, the melody poised evanescently above.
Early 18th century (in the sense 'almost imperceptible'): from Latin evanescent- 'disappearing', from the verb evanescere (see evanesce).
Palabras que riman con evanescentacquiescent, adolescent, albescent, Besant, coalescent, confessant, convalescent, crescent, depressant, effervescent, erubescent, excrescent, flavescent, fluorescent, immunosuppressant, incandescent, incessant, iridescent, juvenescent, lactescent, liquescent, luminescent, nigrescent, obsolescent, opalescent, pearlescent, phosphorescent, pubescent, putrescent, quiescent, suppressant, turgescent, virescent, viridescent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda