- 1(In betting) odds offering an equal chance of winning or losing, with the amount won being the same as the stake: players bet on each throw for even money [as modifier]: Romany King swept past the even-money favorite Paco’s BoyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For example, flat line bets at craps, with 49.29 percent chance of winning even money, have skewness of only + 0.03.
- But once you've gotten down to where you've already lost the first five, you're almost even money.
- A winning Bank hand is paid off at even money with a commission, usually five percent, extracted on each win.
- 1.1 [as modifier] (Of a chance) equally likely to happen or not; fifty-fifty: above those engines there was an even-money chance of being heardMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The layers filled their satchels in the third quarterfinal as Backers lost the run of themselves when supporting the Northern challenger, Inky's Dote, at all prices with the result that she made her way to traps an even-money chance.
- Asked if he would wager on himself at even-money odds, a byproduct of his recent dominance, he says, ‘I don't think it would be a good business decision at those odds.’
- Our outlook for the July to September period indicates a fairly close to even money chance for exceeding the long-term median over those three months, so that's reasonable news as well.
Más definiciones de even moneyDefinición de even money en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional