Definición de excelsior en inglés:
1Used in the names of hotels, newspapers, and other products to indicate superior quality: they stayed at the Excelsior
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The news of the fabulous wealth of the Klondike creeks had broken only in mid-July, when the steamers Excelsior and Portland reached San Francisco and Seattle, respectively, with the first miners who had ‘struck it rich.’
- Meanwhile, you're theoretically defending the Excelsior, which rarely defends itself for some reason, and its shields are made of laughter and kisses.
- The group has bought the Excelsior, takes over the Grumpy Mole in December, owns the Loaded Hog, Shooters and is setting up a club in the old Money Club Building next door.
1.1North American Softwood shavings used for packing fragile goods or stuffing furniture.
- The roots are rolled tightly, like a cigarette, in excelsior and plastic to keep the roots moist until planting time.
- Then I demonstrate with some materials in front of the class, capturing their attention by telling them, ‘There's a little puppy in this excelsior.’
- For instance, my dream is to wrap myself as a birthday present, pack myself in excelsior and ship myself to Greenland - collect!
late 18th century (as an exclamation): from Latin, comparative of excelsus, from ex- 'out, beyond' + celsus 'lofty'.
Definición de excelsior en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan