Definición de explant en inglés:
Pronunciación: /ikˈsplant , ekˈsplant /[with object] (often as adjective explanted)
Transfer (living cells, tissues, or organs) from animals or plants to a nutrient medium.
- Using explanted tissues from embryos of different ages, it has been shown that mesoderm induction is almost complete by the time gastrulation starts.
- As discussed in the introduction, the majority of studies aimed at transforming normal diploid cells in culture were carried out using freshly explanted diploid rodent cells.
- Other implantables that are explanted, reprocessed, and reimplanted into new patients include orthopedic prostheses and dental appliances.
Pronunciación: /ˈeksplant /Volver al principio
A cell, organ, or piece of tissue that has been transferred in this way.
- Soybean explants consisting of a piece of stem and subtending leaf might allow the examination of water stress susceptibility without the possible interfering effects of the roots.
- Adventitious buds have been induced from protoplast culture, on leaf explants and on strips of stem.
- Tips of generative shoots excised from flowering beets were the explants used to initiate axenic shoot cultures.
early 20th century: from modern Latin explantare, from ex- 'out' + plantare 'to plant'.
- Example sentences
- Other possible causes are trauma or injury to the breast, compression from mammography, accidents during implantation or explantation, manufacturing defects, and normal wear.
- If the manufacturer of the explanted device cannot be identified by the device itself, the institution should make a good faith attempt to find out who the manufacturer is and report the device's explantation.
- This saves energy, prolonging the life of the implanted device, minimizing the risk and expense to patient associated with early explantation and replacement of the implanted device.
Definición de explant en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan