- 1Able or likely to shatter violently or burst apart, as when a bomb explodes: an explosive deviceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When this vehicle was blown apart by an improvised explosive device, an IED, debris flew in every direction.
- As we reported, the military today said it discovered sarin nerve gas in an explosive device, an artillery shell, in fact.
- ‘You drop a tank of fuel and a small explosive charge to burst it apart,’ he explained.
- 1.1Likely to cause an eruption of anger or controversy: Marco’s explosive temper the idea was politically explosiveMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Here is a suggested sequence of events to participate in to get through anger or a potentially explosive situation.
- Willingness to negotiate and compromise, when appropriate, helps regain control of an explosive situation.
- The league, moving in their habitually mysterious ways, think the club have been ‘excessive’ in response to a moderately explosive controversy.
- 1.2Of or relating to a sudden and dramatic increase in amount or extent: the explosive growth of personal computers in the 1980sMás ejemplos en oraciones
sudden, dramatic, rapid; mushrooming, snowballing, escalating, rocketing, skyrocketing, accelerating
- In other words, the explosive increase in the number of passenger cars and licensed drivers over the past decade resulted in poor education in driving etiquette and traffic rules.
- However, there has not been a single explosive increase in spending similar to what would have been required to make the business plans of the bubble years a reality.
- Since then, the argument goes, there has been an explosive increase in the quantity of money in circulation, mainly due to the creation of credit.
- 1.3(Of a vocal sound) produced with a sharp release of air.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fewer spoken words start with vowels, which provide more subtle acoustic cues than the more explosive consonant sounds.
- 1.4 Phonetics another term for plosive.
sustantivo(often explosives) Volver al principio
- A substance that can be made to explode, especially any of those used in bombs or shells.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The enemy rained down explosives and incendiary bombs and then dumped barrels of oil onto the flames.
- One also prohibited the discharge of projectiles and explosives from balloons.
- Not connecting it this way would make it a bomb stripped of all explosives, a dud.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Getting recognized has not been a problem for this politically charged, explosively energetic group - they receive a warm reception wherever they go.
- In the first four years of life, the child's brain is explosively growing, and it's much more sensitive to experience.
- Literally thousands of ideas get tossed out onto the internet every minute but only a few take hold and spread but when they do spread they do so explosively.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With this century's explosiveness this no longer seems possible.
- Aware of the subject's explosiveness, Stein did his best to create a working atmosphere of familial security.
- They know the degree of volatility and potential explosiveness of a brutalised population.