Definición de exsolve en inglés:
verbo[no object] Geology
1(Of a mineral or other substance) separate out from solution, especially from solid solution in a rock.
- Gases that are dissolved in the magma until the time of eruption bubble out (exsolve) as the magma approaches the surface of the Earth.
- Eventually, the gasses exsolve, forming vesicles, which may coalesce to form a central cavity in the pillow.
- Alstonite or barytocalcite occurs as very small grains that appear to have exsolved from calcium-manganese carbonate.
1.1 [with object] (usually as adjective exsolved) Form (a mineral or other substance) by the process of exsolution: coarsely exsolved ilmenites
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some older analyses show the presence of small amounts of NJ, Co, and Cu, but these are almost invariably found to reflect the presence of tiny exsolved grains of such minerals as chalcopyrite and pentlandite.
- Ilmenite is now largely preserved as skeletal crystals in which exsolved magnetite lamellae have been altered, and the ilmenite itself partly altered to sphene.
- Notable occurrences of this include goethite psedomorphing pyrite, with exsolved gold near the surfaces of the replacement.
- Example sentences
- Most crystals are modified by exsolution, weathering, or metamorphic recrystallization, or they occur in complex intergrowths.
- With time and cooling, high-temperature galena cleanses itself of some of the bismuth and silver through the process known as exsolution.
- The origin of the layers is hypothesized to be due to either growth-related oscillatory zoning or exsolution after growth.
Definición de exsolve en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan