verbo[no object] Geology
1(Of a mineral or other substance) separate out from solution, especially from solid solution in a rock.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Gases that are dissolved in the magma until the time of eruption bubble out (exsolve) as the magma approaches the surface of the Earth.
- Eventually, the gasses exsolve, forming vesicles, which may coalesce to form a central cavity in the pillow.
- Alstonite or barytocalcite occurs as very small grains that appear to have exsolved from calcium-manganese carbonate.
1.1 [with object] (usually as adjective exsolved) Form (a mineral or other substance) by the process of exsolution: coarsely exsolved ilmenites
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some older analyses show the presence of small amounts of NJ, Co, and Cu, but these are almost invariably found to reflect the presence of tiny exsolved grains of such minerals as chalcopyrite and pentlandite.
- Ilmenite is now largely preserved as skeletal crystals in which exsolved magnetite lamellae have been altered, and the ilmenite itself partly altered to sphene.
- Notable occurrences of this include goethite psedomorphing pyrite, with exsolved gold near the surfaces of the replacement.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most crystals are modified by exsolution, weathering, or metamorphic recrystallization, or they occur in complex intergrowths.
- With time and cooling, high-temperature galena cleanses itself of some of the bismuth and silver through the process known as exsolution.
- The origin of the layers is hypothesized to be due to either growth-related oscillatory zoning or exsolution after growth.
Palabras que riman con exsolveabsolve, devolve, evolve, involve, revolve, solve
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ex·solve
Definición de exsolve en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda