1Killing, especially of a whole group of people or animals: the near extermination of the buffalo herds
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sachsenhausen was primarily a camp for political opponents of the Nazis, not an extermination camp for the Jews.
- A sufficiently strong lure would draw bands over many miles to a central location for easy en masse extermination.
- In Whitewash, Reynolds does not defend his views about either genocide or extermination.
killing, murder, assassination, putting to death, execution, dispatch, slaughter, massacre, liquidation, elimination, eradication, annihilation, slaying
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Only the timely arrival of some Peigans prevented the complete extermination of the camp.
- In the final two chapters, Koplow makes his final case against the extermination of the remaining smallpox stockpiles.
- Pacification was the CIA's reader-friendly word for its extermination of civilian opposition to the US war machine in South Vietnam.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda