Definición de extraterritorial en inglés:
1(Of a law or decree) valid outside a country’s territory.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If the court at first instance was wrong in its conclusion on the validity of the service of an extraterritorial summons then its actions subsequent, in my view, amount to a nullity.
- My fumbling attempt to answer Justice McHugh is to this effect, that of course there can be the extraterritorial legislation which makes part of the record, treats as the Tribunal's doings what is done in Greece.
- That is a really murky detail because it makes these contractors outside the extraterritorial judicial law for prosecuting members of the military or for holding them to military justice standards.
1.1Denoting the freedom of an ambassador or other embassy staff from the jurisdiction of the territory of residence: foreign embassies have extraterritorial rights
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Japan and China, however, have confirmed that the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, which recognizes diplomatic immunity and the extraterritorial status of government establishments, does not apply to the school.
- The issue was particularly sensitive in Iran because of a long history of colonial extraterritorial rights.
- Japan was alert, and in 1899 had just put a final end to the extraterritorial privileges enjoyed by European traders in Japan.
1.2Situated outside a country’s territory: extraterritorial industrial zones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He contended that his acts were extraterritorial to the Netherlands, whereas the authority to proceed had alleged intraterritorial conduct only.
- We would want to make sure there was sufficient flexibility so that if New Zealand wanted to waive the right to have extraterritorial effect on those personnel, it would be able to.
- But the legislation can have no extraterritorial effect on foreign spammers.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- So for those reasons we submit that on the true construction of this legislation the principles about extraterritoriality remain and would prevent the Act applying in relation to a ship which is of the present type.
- So there is an extraterritoriality, that is, significance is given as valid judicial proceedings to matters which include dealings outside New South Wales.
- However the doctrine of extraterritoriality is expressed, it is a fiction, and legal fictions have a tendency to pass beyond their appointed bounds and to harden into dangerous facts.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda