Definición de eye-opener en inglés:
1 [in singular] An event or situation that proves to be unexpectedly enlightening: a visit to the docks can be a fascinating eye-opener
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was not just this unexpected love of Shakespeare that proved an eye-opener.
- This is the first season Selby have had a team in the county league for over ten years and the experience has quickly proved an eye-opener for their players.
- The film was shot on location in West Yorkshire, which proved an eye-opener for a middle-class university-educated Hindu woman from north London.
2North American An alcoholic drink taken early in the day.
- Comorbid clients also were more likely to have used alcohol or drugs as an eye-opener and to have been annoyed by others who criticized their use of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Talk about a little eye-opener before your first cup of java!
- Murphy and Clovis were enjoying an eye-opener in their cell as the morning sun streamed through the window bars in thick shafts.
Definición de eye-opener en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan