Definición de face value en inglés:
1The value printed or depicted on a coin, banknote, postage stamp, ticket, etc., especially when less than the actual or intrinsic value.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- These coins have a face value, but the actual value is the price of gold.
- Among them were a gold coin with the face value of 6,000 baht and a silver coin with a face value of 600 baht.
- Money forgers usually gain only the face value of the banknotes they have forged.
1.1The superficial appearance or implication of something: she felt the lie was unconvincing, but he seemed to take it at face value
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The images become politically charged; take on meaning beyond their face value.
- I take people at face value, weigh them by their worth, and where they come from doesn't matter to me.
- His comments would be less likely to be taken at face value if your readers were made aware of this important fact.
Definición de face value en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda