(also factor eight)
- A blood protein (a beta globulin) involved in clotting. A deficiency of this causes one of the main forms of hemophilia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Another function of the von Willebrand factor is to carry the important clotting protein, called factor VIII, in the blood.
- Haemophilia is caused by a deficiency of factor eight which causes the blood to clot.
- These abnormalities in the immune system may explain the appearance of autoantibodies directed against factor VIII in patients with clonal disorders such as erythroleukemia, as well as myelofibrosis and myelodysplastic syndrome.
Más definiciones de factor VIIIDefinición de factor VIII en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional