- New national policies are doomed to failure if they are not part of an overall solution.
- It may be argued that the degree of disturbance of these areas is a barometer of the success or failure of the policies adopted here for the past five decades.
- However, the sheer irrationality of continuing to expand a policy doomed to failure begs an explanation.
- Remember, there are no failures in the business of plan implementation, only feedback.
- There are 22,000 schools in Britain, many, by this Government's own reckoning, failures in the business of education.
- Cassie is considered somewhat a failure since she was unsuccessful in joining the school's social elite.
- The strictest compliance was expected and failure to comply meant harsh punishment.
- There is no requirement that failure to comply with these provisions has any causative relationship to the making of the statement.
- Colleges could face stiff sanctions for failure to comply with requirements, the bill states.
- He was the tangible symbol of the Baby Boom, its conceits, its self-absorption, its lack of discipline and failures of responsibility.
- A spokesman from Orkney Islands Council said there was no suggestion of any failures in the quality of the service provided by staff to the food industry and consumers.
- We are more tolerant of failures in quality now, and more receptive, at last, to the thought that the idea is more important than the medium.
- Kidney failure occurs when kidney function deteriorates to such an extent that death will occur without renal replacement therapy such as haemodialysis.
- The damage can lead to poor liver function and liver failure.
- This is important for patients with impaired kidney function or liver failure who cannot clear the extra ammonia.
- During any sudden power failure, the system automatically switches to regular electricity.
- I suggest it's time to investigate various aircraft accidents, power failures, and claims of abductions with the realization that UFOs are real.
- Strikes, accidents, weather, power failures - does it really matter why the trains aren't running?
- This has led to a worldwide assault on auto workers' jobs, as well as business failures, including the bankruptcy announcement earlier this month by Daewoo Motors of South Korea.
- This coincides with rising or record levels of poverty, homelessness, job insecurity, personal bankruptcies and small business failures.
- Are we going to see more closures or failures in the ISP business?
Mid 17th century (originally as failer, in the senses 'nonoccurrence' and 'cessation of supply'): from Anglo-Norman French failer for Old French faillir (see fail).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: fail·ure
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.