A tube-dwelling marine bristle worm that bears a fanlike crown of filaments that are typically brightly colored and project from the top of the tube, filtering the water for food particles.
- Families Sabellidae and Serpulidae, class Polychaeta: numerous species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A tiny spider crab perched on a rock, and a fan worm's tentacles grabbed at passing food.
- Fan Worms are not only beautiful additions to a reef aquarium, but are also efficient filter feeders that play an important role in a properly balanced reef system.
- Fan Worms are marine segmented worms that are sessile, attached to rocks or sand by their base. The plume of Fan Worms can measure up to 10" in diameter on some species.
Definición de fan worm en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional