Definición de fanatic en inglés:
- Much to the chagrin of my room-mates, come election time I will roam around extolling the necessity of voting with the zeal of a religious fanatic.
- The extreme right wing religious fanatics truly scare me beyond belief.
- Wesley's eyes glint with a religious fanatic's zeal.
- Andy, whose first column begins today, says you don't need to become a fitness fanatic to reap the benefits of better health.
- Owned by sports fanatic Paul Allen, ‘Sporting News’ caters to the passionate fan.
- ‘Cinderella Man’ was written by New York lawyer and boxing fanatic Michael DeLise.
adjetivo[attributive] Volver al principio
- But at all times, a clear distinction must be held between Muslims and fanatic nihilists, for the former desire the furtherment of society, while the latter do not believe in society at all.
- By razing the Babri masjid to the ground first and then doing ‘ethnic cleansing’ in Gujarat, fanatic Hindus have brought the genie of Hindutva out of the bottle.
- Something which has started in Chechnya during the first war was already pointing in the direction of fanatic fundamentalist, global Islamist resistance.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As the nation ate breakfast on Sunday, its emotions ran the gamut from vengeful anger to violent jubilation, from one extreme to the other of the fanaticized political spectrum.
- Faced with fanaticized masses, the modern world has long clung to the view that it was dealing with the peculiarities of backward societies.
- Secret clubs of Rome, especially the "Circolo Romano", under the direction of Ciceruacchio, fanaticized the mob with their radicalism and were the real rulers of Rome.
Mid 16th century (as an adjective): from French fanatique or Latin fanaticus 'of a temple, inspired by a god', from fanum 'temple'. The adjective originally described behavior or speech that might result from possession by a god or demon, hence the earliest sense of the noun 'a religious maniac' (mid 17th century).
Palabras que riman con fanaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.