Definición de fantasia en inglés:
1A musical composition with a free form and often an improvisatory style.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Brahms's Violin Concerto begins with a long ritornello, but for most 19th-century composers sonata form and the fantasia were more important than the ritornello principle.
- The fanfare fantasia before the choral entrance even includes clams.
- The finale is a joyous fantasia on much of the music deployed earlier with such skill and evident delight.
1.1A musical composition that is based on several familiar tunes.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Dowland, of course, had written seven lute fantasias based on his song ‘Break now, my heart, and die’ under the title Lacrimae, or Seven Teares.
- Glinka once again established formal and stylistic ground plans for future Russian composers in his orchestral fantasia Kamarinskaya, based on two Russian folk tunes.
- As with its corresponding number in the first orchestral set, the second movement - depicting a camp meeting - is a fantasia based mainly on ragtime dances Ives wrote for the piano in the early 1900s.
1.2A thing that is composed of a mixture of different forms or styles: the theater is a kind of Moorish and Egyptian fantasia
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This re-release of Amadeus, described by Shaffer as ‘a fantasia based on fact’, boasts 20 additional minutes of music and drama.
- Perelman's free-associative style spun fantasias out of girdle ads, tabloid tattle, sleazy pulp fiction and recipe prose.
- Based on Virginia Woolf's glittering fantasia written as a love-letter to Vita Sackville-West, the story covers four hundred years of history.
Palabras que riman con fantasiaAnastasia, aphasia, brazier, dysphasia, dysplasia, euthanasia, Frazier, glazier, grazier, gymnasia, Malaysia
Definición de fantasia en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda