- He was party general secretary in 1991, when Croatia claimed independence from the Yugoslav federation.
- It does not just lobby in Brussels, but through its members' national federations it also lobbies the 25 European national governments.
- To be sure, as the history of the European Union shows, there can be federalism without a federation.
- There is a power struggle going on in global sport between the owners of particular clubs, the national federations and the international organisations.
- The three major trade union federations in Italy have organised a four-hour general strike for Friday 24 October.
- Will trade unions within the federation fund international work?
- And, contrary to the claims of the fathers of federation, Australian nationalism was not progressive.
- But by the time of Australian federation, nationalism had undergone a profound transformation.
- Also, let's not kid ourselves about the roots of Australian nationalism, the fathers of federation and all the rest of it.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In 1897-98, the Constitution's framers, all committed federationists (the majority directly elected by the colonies' voters), spent close to a total of four months in meetings around the country, spread out over a full year.
- Certainly federationists advanced this argument, but when the Federation League used it to solicit funds from Sydney businesses the results were very disappointing.
- Following the defeat of the Spanish, centralist and federationist groups waged a lengthy conflict between themselves to determine the future of the nation.
Early 18th century: from French fédération, from late Latin foederatio(n-), from the verb foederare 'to ally', from foedus 'league'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: fed·er·a·tion
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.