- 1A person who travels with another.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ceremony will honour the men and women who tended the injured and also the walking wounded who refused to leave the scene and helped their fellow-travellers.
- The Underground is therefore a quicker way to get around, as you can always tell when your train hurtles round a sharp curve throwing you into the lap of an unsuspecting fellow-traveller.
- ‘Come, Goodman Brown,’ cried his fellow-traveller, ‘this is a dull pace for the beginning of a journey.’
- 1.1A person who is not a member of a particular group or political party (especially the Communist Party), but who sympathizes with the group’s aims and policies.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My moment of sympathy with the communist fellow-travellers arises because I had always assumed that when they said they were not communists themselves they were simply lying on the orders of their master, Stalin.
- Sartre has been dismissed politically as a Stalinist fellow-traveller.
- George Orwell once remarked to a Communist fellow-traveler with whom he was having a dispute: ‘You must be an intellectual.’
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Only they - plus a few fellow-travelling experts drawn from academia - truly comprehend the convoluted mysteries of contemporary art.
- He moved in fellow-travelling circles, modestly supporting Soviet causes.
- And then he looks at his father and shows you how he was at one point a fellow-traveling member of the Communist Party, and how he ended up becoming very right-wing, a rabid Tory, frankly.