Definición de female en inglés:
1Of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes: a herd of female deer
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When breeding in the summer the male fertilizes the adult female starfish which then discharges up to twenty million eggs into the sea.
- An unusual hybrid has been reported by veterinarians in Botswana - the offspring of a female goat and a male sheep.
- The weight for both male and female polar bears has declined, and female bears are having fewer cubs.
1.1Relating to or characteristic of women or female animals: a female audience a female name
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A practical move that gave us a pretty female name with a romantic touch to balance the tough masculine environment.
- Beauty isn't, of course, characteristic only of the female form.
- Most reproductions of the work are from a later alteration that obscured her obvious female characteristics.
1.2(Of a plant or flower) having a pistil but no stamens.
- Unpollinated ovaries were prepared by bagging the female flowers before anthesis.
- The male flowers are on the tassels at the top of the plant; the female flowers form the silk that hangs out of the developing ears.
- This monoecious species has male flowers occurring in catkins and female flowers occurring in clusters.
1.3(Of parts of machinery, fittings, etc.) manufactured hollow so that a corresponding male part can be inserted.
- A basket holds the coil of roofing nails and adjusts for different nails If you incorrectly install a female fitting on a nailer or stapler.
- The tubing seat in the female fitting has a 42-degree taper.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A female person, animal, or plant.
- The cubs are cared for by all the females in the pride, and will suckle from other females as well as from their mother.
- This is more frequent in teenage boys than girls but is increasing among young females in my experience.
- There is also some sage advice for females wanting to break into what is still essentially a male domain.
- Example sentences
- For years I wasn't into wearing anything ‘sexy’, feeling that I would just be perpetuating a sexist objectified view of femaleness that was shoved down my throat via the covers of magazines.
- He cross-dresses for the ‘feeling’ of being a woman and in order to assume the emotions and behaviours associated with femaleness, not for any erotic reasons or compulsions.
- The arresting part of this photo is not her femaleness, although foregrounding her gender seems to be the intention, but the condition of her gun, which is old, chipped, and rusty.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan